About Us: Toys, Games and Ride Ons
Toys are intrinsic to childhood, as they are a fundamental part of development and a source of joy for children from afterbirth through adulthood, where games are still a enjoyable part of life.
Play is actual work for our children, they discover the world through play, and toys can be used to support them by offering opportunities to explore and to help extend their interests so they learn more about the world.
On this website you will find:
- Mechanical toys – What is a mechanical toy an how do they work and why are they a good choice for your child.
- Ride on toys – Ride ons suitable for all ages from 0-5, the benefits, pros and cons of this particulra type.
- A brief history of toys and games – From the first mechanical toy, to the first puzzle, board games now and then and the movement into online games including casino.
- Toys for babies – Do newborns need toys? What can engage them and support them developmentally?
- Are there toys which can actually cause harm? A look at aggressive toys and the gender argument for toy suitability.
- Toy safety – What to look for on labelling, and how toys can become more dangerous as a child gets older.
- Should you choose toys to match your child’s personality? Should you choose what they already like or is there worth is pushing their interest boundaries?
- How to choose the best toys – What to consider when choosing a toy, what it might teach your child and how it will engage them.
All the above and more will be discussed on this site, so if you’re a parent or are about to become one, bookmark this resource right away!